Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Saturday, February 18, 2012

Getting Something Done

Lest it seem that all I did was sit around counting birds today, I'll post some pictures of some of what I did in the yard. I finally got around to spreading some of the mulch that I got this summer. My goal is to smother the grass that is growing there and replace it with native grasses and wildflowers. Unfortunately, I noticed a few shoots of grass coming up through the thick layer of mulch even before I spread it around making it even less thick, but I still hope it puts a damper on the weeds.

Although I don't have a "before" picture handy, this is basically what I'm smothering in this section (Can you believe this was taken today--in February) :


No comments: