Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Monday, November 8, 2010

Feeder Birds

I got a late start at feeding the birds this year. I swear as soon as I carried the bag of black oil sunflower seeds to the back yard, the chickadees started taking notice. I pulled the birdfeeder out of the garage and heard them chattering again. It didn't take long for them to start coming to the feeder. I'm sure they remember from last year.

So, that first day (yes, I know my posts are out of order...I'm at least two months behind), I grabbed the camera, and tried to get some good shots of the chickadees. I prefer shots in nature, not at the feeder, so I headed to the edge of the property to get some pictures of them among the trees. At least one of them seemed to come closer to me and seemed to be playing hide & seek with me. I never did get a good shot that day, but here are two of the chickadee from that day and one cardinal from this past weekend.



No comments: