Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Thursday, April 28, 2011

Visitor at Dusk

After all of the rain we've had...the field behind me is flooded...I finally had a chance to mow the higher grass--first mowing of the year. I mowed the paths, too. :)

In addition to mowing, I worked at creating a large brush pile with fallen dead sumac trees and various other projects throughout the yard. Eventually, I ended up in the hammock as the sun fell below the horizon. Looking up I saw a lone bat swooping at insects. It made me smile. Now I want to look into setting up a bat house.

Even though it is a school night, I still was not ready to go in, and I ended up walking the paths one more time. The bat seemed to follow me and, as I've read about barn swallows, it seemed to be after the insects I must've been kicking up as I strolled.

Oh well, I finally came in...I do have to work tomorrow.

No comments: