Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Real Winter

Over the years of this blog (hard to believe it has already been over four years!), I've done a "Year in Review" post which highlights the change of seasons here on our property through the past year--this year I overdid it, posting at least 3 times the photos I did last year.  In the past, I was hard pressed to find any photos that looked much like December, January, or February to me--especially two winters ago when the lakes and ponds never froze over.  This time, I was able to start and end with pictures that actually looked like winter...and with the snow we have now in January, I'm at least guaranteed that the beginning photos in 2014's Year in Review will include snow-blanketed scenes.

Here are just a few from the past few days:






This is the way I remember winters from my youth.  Although I'm sure it will get old before too long, I'm surprised that I'm still okay with it.  I'm hoping that feeling lasts as spring is still a long way off...but we are heading in the right direction.

No comments: