Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Sunday, October 18, 2015

You've Got to be Kidding Me

First, I can't believe how long it has been since I've posted anything here!  Second, after a long stretch of unseasonably warm weather (which I got very used to), things have gone unseasonable in the other direction; the temperatures went below freezing over night--into the 20s!  We had snow today--not that it lasted.

The last time I put off posting was on April Fools' Day--another day we got snow! (...and I wasn't happy about that either--even though it didn't last either.  (I searched for the April snow pictures, but didn't find them.  I doesn't matter--the purpose of this post it to start me posting again anyway.)


Some flurries this morning and ...
...hail this afternoon.  Okay, I confess, both pics are of hail.
I slept in this morning...and it is hard to take pictures of snow!

I have to get past the idea that everything must be kept in chronological order--that has kept me from posting all sorts of things...until I post what had happened prior to it.

So, later (I'm a procrastinator, remember), I will post some highlights of that past several (plus) months.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Welcome back, David! I have not been posting regularly, either.

It's TOO SOON for snow!

Jodi said...

Welcome back! It's hard to get over procrastination, isn't it, especially when so much needs to be written about from the interim? I look forward to your highlights and catching up posts.

David said...

Thanks, Rebecca. I hope we both post more this year...and both have a lot of great things to post about.

Funny it is now January and I finally saw your comment....after complaining about that little bit of snow, we ended up having such an unseasonably warm couple of months...no snow to speak of even after some cold weather finally kicked in. I worked out in the yard all through October, November, and a good bit of December...but I've yet to post about any of it.

David said...

Thank you, Jodi.

As you can see, it took me all this time just to publish your comment and reply! I really have to get back into the habit of not only posting, but checking out my blog for comments.

I hope to post some highlights...but, even if I don't do much in the way of highlights, I better start posting my plans for the meadow and any highlights here on in.