Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Sunday, July 22, 2018

Old Encounter: A Blast from the Past

While searching my archived photos, I stumbled upon a video that I didn't even recall taking.  This is from a cherished encounter that I posted back in 2014.  Having this footage, allows the magic of that encounter to be relived again and again.

Years ago, I was taking pictures of a frog that was under my deck.  After a while, I got this feeling that something was behind me or something was watching me.  To this day, I don't know if I actually heard something or just sensed it.

I wasn't expecting to see anything, so, when I turned and came--nearly--face to face with a fawn, I let out a gasp.  The gasp startled the curious, little fawn.  It jumped back a bit.  It had startled me...but had I not reacted like that, I can only imagine that we just would have looked at each other for a while.   I tried snapping some pictures with my (get this!) flip phone.  They came out rather blurry.

The mother, seeing her fawn so close to "that strange man" huffed, calling her fawn to her.

Here is the ending of that most amazing encounter:



No comments: