Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Saturday, December 29, 2018

Planting an Alder

I actually worked out in the yard for a bit today.

I ended up planting an alder that I kept in a large pot for too many years.  The deer have nibbled on it through the years, so it is still rather small.

To keep the deer from finding it, I decided to stick some dried asters in the ground to help disguise it.  I'm out of fencing.






Not too bad for the end of December.   :)

Too bad that the second half of summer and well into the fall, there was so much rain--nearly daily--that I got almost nothing done in the yard...until now.  :)

1 comment:

David said...

I sprinkled more aster seeds around, some Penstemon digitalis seeds, and even put in a plug of the Iris versicolor at its base--not really wet enough for it,I'm guessing, but I wanted to get it in the ground. Maybe I'll add a few more...I can always move them to a more appropriate site in the spring.