Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Saturday, May 9, 2020

Yesterday, I was really not looking forward to the forecast of snow and a low of 30°F...it actually impacted my mood.  I was bummed.

This morning, however, I ended up.braving the cold and strolling the property with camera in hand.  By the time I got to the second acre, I spotted the pair of bluebirds at the staghorn sumac berries.  I started taking photos...that is when I noticed other species there as well--at least one that I did not recognize.   (It ended up being an Eastern kingbird--thanks to a quick Internet search.)

Aside from the birds (which was a huge highlight), I enjoyed being surrounded by a greening world, several trees leafing out, the serviceberry still blooming, birds singing, the sun streaming down...and...snow blowing around as it fell--not what I expected, well into May--but it made for an almost magical moment. 

Now, spring can resume.  (Another day or two with lows near freezing, but then it should warm up again.)

Quite a lot of photos from today...












No comments: