Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Thursday, December 29, 2011

One More Anyway

We've had little snow since October (if we've had any more than one dusting, I can't remember it). Perhaps the warmer temps, easy access to nature's bounty, and the fact that I started feeding the birds later than usual, I've not seen too many coming to the seed I've put out. Hard to admit, but I've not been watching for them much either. Today I saw the blue jays coming for the peanuts (still in their shell). I grabbed the camera and got this shot through the window.

So here is one of the "many more" I'd promised:


There were signs earlier this week that something other than a chipmunk or squirrel were taking the peanuts; I found this empty shell wedged into a tree stump that I'm trying to carve up.

No comments: