Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Newcomer




I was pleased to see a rose-breasted grosbeak coming to the few sunflower seeds I threw outside yesterday. At least I think that is what they are called...too busy to get the birdbook out.

There were two, hopefully a pair. I grabbed the camera and was happy I didn't scare them away.

...After typing "hope they are a pair" I did grab the book. Females are streaked brown, so these are two males. :) (and I found that the correct spelling has only one "s" not two. ;)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Lucky you! Our neighbor saw one of these guys last week, along with a yellow warbler, but I of course missed them both. (Work gets in the way of bird-watching.)

David said...

Maybe next time. :)

I can only guess at all that I miss while I'm at work, or just not paying attenion.