Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rain, Concern, Relief



After a full week of (near constant) rain and drizzle, I became a little concerned about how the bluebird parents were faring at finding food for their young. Seems to me not many insects are out and about in this kind of weather.

We were away last weekend, and with all of the rain and commitments this week, I never went out to check on the babies. Yesterday, after work, I headed out. Seeing the father perched at the entrance hole, I realized the young had gotten big enough that the parents didn't have to go inside to feed them. Too late in their development to open the box, I decided to take pictures of the entrance hole, hoping to get a glimpse of the young. No luck. However, they were actively chirping away inside and the father began swooping to scare me off. Seems all is well. ~smile~

No comments: