Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Tuesday, May 31, 2011

On a Brighter Note

Around 8:00 this evening, I went out again to walk the paths (trails?) in the second acre. I startled a deer that took off. I circled around the upper path and toward the corner of our property farthest from the house. There I spotted what appeared to be a doe and a rather large fawn. As I've done before, I stopped and began signing slowly to her--she seemed mesmerized. The two stared back at me watching intently. I only had my cell phone with me. I slowly took it out and snapped a few pictures from quite a distance. I kept moving a little to the left to get a better shot. Then I stopped and turned around, not wanting to scare them...and hoping they'll be more likely to trust me if I encounter them again in the future.

I cropped the pictures, so imagine how far away I really was. Sorry it is blurry, but the memory is clear. ~smile~



No comments: