Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Sunday, December 29, 2013

Winter Blues

How can I have the winter blues with the sun we had the other day, the warm temps (45-50), and spotting the female bluebird at their favorite nestbox.  I was going to take a photo, but something tole me that I'd miss the shot if I tried to change mode and focus, so I just took this short video--and sure enough she flew off immediately.  At least now I have proof it was a bluebird (I couldn't tell with the naked eye from that distance).



Normally, I do get down as the days get darker, but it didn't seem to happen this year...and now we are on the other side where the days are getting incrementally longer again. :)


I can't really tell, but I think this is one of the bluebirds.  It does my heart good to think that they are already thinking spring and starting a new family.

No comments: