Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Brains and Brawn



A little brawn and a little brains goes a long way.  Luckily, I have just a bit of each.  :)

Back in January, while creating a terraced path, I started to uncover a huge rock.  It is a welcome addition to my pond/waterfall project.   However, it was in the ground pretty deep.   I dug it out little by little when the ground thawed in January and again in February.   Still I left it in the ground.  I guess I imagined reinjuring my back and not being able to complete the path or any other projects.

Today, although I didn't plan too,I got it out of the ground!  😁

Aside from using an iron bar and the power of a fulcrum, I used my body weight to lift it out of the ground...and filled the hole in one side to have a flat surface to flip it into, then I filled the other side, flipped it end over end and out if the way...until I am ready to move it to the pond. 









No comments: