Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Saturday, April 11, 2020

The Wrong Box

I have been looking in the wrong box.

Since spotting the male bluebird a week or so ago, I have periodically checked the nestboxes.  Their favorite one was empty, as was the one in the far corner of the property, the one mid-way that is mounted to the telephone pole, and the one closest to the house near the end of (what I call) the meadow.

I have since seen him with the female.  Today, I don't a shot of the pair sitting in the dogwood--the male obscured by branches, unfortunately.


After seeing them, I went out to check the nestbox mounted to the telephone pole.  I thought it was the only one I had forgotten to clean out from last year.  When I opened it, I saw what seemed to be a completed nest!  I am glad I realized it was fresh.

I stuck my phone inside near the roof and blindly took some pictures.   Sure enough, not only was it fresh, but it already had four eggs in it!  One more to go! :)

No comments: