Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Thursday, April 1, 2010

New Growth

I walked the yard several times today. Today was about 70 degrees and sunny--yesterday the temp never hit 50 as predicted, instead there was freezing rain and snow. Living in a valley we didn't see the snow, but I did see about an inch in some of the higher elevations on my way to work this morning. So, today's weather was a welcome sight.

Walking the yard I spotted some other welcomed sights--new growth. Below are a picture of marsh marigold (Caltha palustris). If it blooms, I'll add pictures of that later. The other two pictures show the fiddleheads of a fern I placed in the crack of the boulder that I refer to as my pride and joy. The pictures may appear to need rotated, but they should be horizontal as they are shown here.







No comments: