Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sharing the Yard with the Birds

Although, it may seem from my earlier post that I just strolled the yard and snapped pictures, the truth is that, after walking 3 miles with a friend, I came home, walked the yard and tackled another two Japanese honeysuckle bushes. I'm late in posting about my on-going battle with them, but, hope to post about it soon. I'm exhausted and am just glad to be posting at all today.

I enjoyed the strolls between all the hard work. The birds visiting the feeder seemed not to care that I was a scant few feet away. With spring here, I'm putting only a little seed out so as not to attract the bear. The chickadees are always rather brave and don't seem to concerned with my presence. Today, however, there were flickers, nuthatches, and a downy (or hairy) woodpecker that let me get pretty close and take some pictures. I have a few pictures of the chickadee--and should have a video with the woodpecker (that will have to wait until I have more energy).

I was very pleased to get a good shot or two of the chickadees that I can post here.




No comments: