Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Saturday, January 29, 2011

Best Intentions

Last week I bought some potting soil so I'd have everything ready for planting the wildflower seeds I collected this season. Today I finally went out to winter-sow the seeds as I did on Sunday, February 21, 2010 last year. (It was nice to be able to look back in my blog, "gardening journal", to see the exact date I planted them last year.) I remembered that I got a late start, but I was able to see just how late it was. This year I was determined to get them planted earlier (although I had great success despite procrastinating last year).

Unfortunately, it didn't happen. I went out and realized that the pots I planned to use are under the snow, so I guess it has to wait a bit longer. At least I tried.

No comments: