Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Sunday, February 27, 2011

February Photos

I'm thinking spring again...February seems to have flown by. I'm thrilled to notice the sun setting later each day. As I've done for years, I notice the reddish hue of the hillsides as the red maples buds begin to swell. It can't be much longer, and in my mind spring is here because of these signs of life.

I've yet to look for skunk cabbage that must be up by now--I've got to get some for the yard so that I don't have to drive out and search for it. :) Also, I'm still waiting to spot my first red-winged blackbird. I want to create habitat for them on the property. They've come to the feeder past springs...but I'd like them to nest here.

One more thing, the pussy willow is already starting to emerge as seen in several of my recent pictures. Spring is just around the corner.

I love the setting sun catching the leaves still clinging to the witch hazel.



I noticed the other day that the juncos seemed smaller, I think it is the warmer weather--they are not fluffed up so much to guard against the cold.

No comments: