Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Monday, August 8, 2011

Bluebird Update

I took this picture last week, but never got around to posting it. It is not the best (I've been using my cell phone to take the pictures inside the nest) box).

I was away during the day for two days this weekend, and never noticed any activity near the nest box. However, yesterday, I checked in and found an empty nest.



I always seem to miss the fledging--apparently this time was no different. Well, that is not quite true, I seem to finally have some evidence of the fledglings! As I so often do when I spot bird activity in the trees that I can't make out with the naked eye, I snap some pictures, and then upload them to get a better view.

The pictures aren't great, but it seems to me, after cropping and a little bit of adjustments, I'd say that is definitely a bluebird fledgling! ~smile~




No comments: