Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Monday, August 8, 2011

At Long Last!

After attracting quite a variety of butterflies last year, I was disappointed this year when so few have appeared. I was especially looking forward to seeing monarchs...and watching for their caterpillars.

Looking back at the blog posts from last year, I realize that they didn't show up until August, so maybe they are right on schedule. Whatever, I'm just happy to see even one showing up!

...although, I just checked back and see that the caterpillars were already developing this time last year.






2 comments:

Julie Stone said...

Congratulations! I really like your new blog layout too, well done!

David said...

Thanks on both counts, Julie.

I'm glad you like it. I spent quite some time on that...and little time posting much...but I'm pretty happy with the results.

Now, let's hope I find some monarch eggs or caterpillars. :)