Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Winter Storm Stella: Birds in the Snow

Although I have been thinking spring for a while, winter dealt us one of the biggest storms I can remember--so far, I believe we got a full two feet of snow!

Between my many treks out to shovel--with frequent breaks, I made sure to put out sunflower seed out for the birds.  I tried to place it where it had some protection from the snow, since it was constantly being buried by the newly falling snow--and inch or two per hour, I believe.

Needless to say, school was closed today--and will be again tomorrow.  Being snowed in has its benefits and one of them was being able to watch and photograph the variety of birds that ventured out into the snow for some free food.

Here are only some of the highlights--I've yet to go through them all:



 








No comments: