Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Sunday, December 27, 2009

What Will be the Woodland


I love having breaks in the winter that allow me to get something done in the yard. The first two winters we were here, I was able to cut out several of the huge, invasive multifloral rose bushes.
There are four wild cherry trees in the same area; three of them are mature. There is a fifth mature wild cherry near by. This section that was mostly over run by the multifloral rose will become the woodland. There are also an elm tree, three apples, a hawthorn, two young (I suspect) nut trees of some kind, and a large service berry tree on the far end. In addition to the trees there are the remains of some sumac trees and two elderberry bushes that are taller than me.

Here's looking forward to more winter reprieves for me to get something else done. That'll get me through to spring.

No comments: