Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Monday, December 14, 2009

Thinking Spring Already

Winter has not even officially started yet, but I'm already thinking spring. I've decided I'd attempt a blog and post pictures to record the progress. So far, I mostly have just "before" pictures. I'm not sure I'll ever really have "after" pictures as this will always be a work in progress.

It has been two years since my partner and I bought our house with two acres of land. Recreating a native habit has been a dream of mine since I was about 18. My parents had a love of nature, and they passed it along to me and my siblings. Each of us always dreamed of buying five acres or more of land. With the reality of the expense, we've all cut back on our dreams. It only took me 20 years, but I finally have two acres of land in the country with which to work (and play).

Although I'm a procrastinator, I hope to keep this blog updated. Maybe this will inspire me to do an aerial view of what we have on the property now, and then, follow up with changes that were made and future plans. They say a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. This post is my first (documented) step. ~smile~

No comments: