Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Sunday, December 27, 2009

Rocks, Rocks, and More Rocks




j
The first rock (with the shovel to show scale) was moved to this temporary location late this fall. I flipped it end over end and plan to use it as part of my planned streambed. I'm hoping to create a few waterfalls and perhaps a small pond or wider, slower section to the stream. This rock is the largest of the three shown, although there is a huge boulder in the background (the picture doesn't do it justice).
The other picture show the three rocks I collected today and a few of the others I've gathered so far. There are many more for me to choose from and most of the time, when I'm digging a hole for a tree, I find a few more. Many of them are rounded from glacial scraping I think. Whatever the reason, they are the right shape for the streambed I have pictured in my head.
In addition to the rocks for the streambed, I moved several stacked stone for the rock wall or patio, and I took cut back another small multifloral rose. I guess, it doesn't seem like much, but I got something done outside today. Not bad for a winter's day.


No comments: