Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Sunday, March 28, 2010

Red-winged Blackbird


I couldn't get a good shot, but at least this time I got a picture showing that the red-wing blackbird came back--with two signs of spring in one picture. That is a pussy willow tree (Salix discolor) that the bird is perched in.

This morning, I woke up and could hear the birds. One sounded familiar; I assumed it was the red-winged blackbird's song. I hope to learn to recognize birds by their calls. There must be a website out there that allows one to learn to match the bird with its song.

Wow, as I type, I looked out the window and can see the brown creeper again!

***************************************************

Just got back from taking a video of the brown creeper. If I find the cable that will allow me to transfer it to the computer, I'll upload it as a new post.

Although I sort of thought of this blog as my journal, I've already posted things out of order, and I will likely be doing it again. This past week or so, I've been under the weather. When I have had the energy, I've worked outside and did a few things that I've yet to post about. Hopefully, I'll go through the pictures I took and post about my recent projects. At least the red-winged blackbird and brown creeper have motivated me to post again. :)

No comments: