Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Thursday, May 13, 2010

What I Spotted Today

While out documenting the bluebirds feeding, I spotted two other birds flying toward the blueberry bushes. I didn't get a good shot of them because I had to run back in to get the memory card. I never got close enough to identify them, but I did spot their small nest in the bush. That makes five different birds nesting in our yard; the bluebirds, robins, phoebes, tree swallows, and these new mystery birds.

It is possible that the nest may belong to a chipping sparrow...I saw one perched nearby. Also, near the hedgerow, I spotted another small bird. The body shape reminded me of a nuthatch but the coloring was wrong. Hopefully I'll spot it again and be able to identify it.




No comments: