Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Monday, July 19, 2010

Anticipation: The Wait is Over

For the first several days that Ichecked out my butterfly weeds, I saw no butterflies and little activity. Maybe I was just there at the wrong time or didn't stay long enough, but probably it just took the butterflies a while to find it. I only have three plants of the five I put in--plus the one I just added near the house this spring (which is finally in the ground). I have a few that came up from seed and plan to collect and plant more seeds this fall. I'd love this plant clumped and dotted throughout our field.

It is so gratifying to see this beautiful flower being utilized...and polinated by a myriad of insects.































No comments: