Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Recognizing Mom and Dad

I've been posting (sporadically) about our bluebird babies. Rarely have I taken the time to get some shots of their mom and dad. Today, I tried to get another shot of the babies developing. It is cramped quarters and I can't see what I'm snapping with my cell phone (which fits inside). At least the shot I got shows the feathers developing.

When I was done I used my other camera to try to capture the parents. The father bird quickly went to see that his babies were okay after my intrusion. I really lucked out and got one picture of both mom and dad on the birdbox--I didn't even know that until I uploaded the pictures to my computer. Unfortunately, I live by a fairly main road, hence the interesting background in the one shot.


I'd also, like to take this time to recognize my own mom and dad in raising me with a love and respect of nature.














No comments: