Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Thursday, August 12, 2010

To be Continued (part two)

I felt pretty sure that the spider would not catch and eat the monarch caterpillar, but thought it was a possibility. I'm trying not to interfere with nature and did nothing to move or protect him.

Later, I went out to take more pictures and to check up on him. For a minute or two I didn't see either of them. Then I spotted one...and a bit later the second one resting comfortably on a leaf.

Here are the latest pictures:








We finally got some rain. This morning I woke up and it was still dark because of the overcast sky. I grabbed the camera and walked out to the butterfly weed. It had rained a little over night. Still groggy and not feeling fully awake, I searched until I finally spotted both larva and took pictures of them as they stayed out of the rain by hanging out upside down on the underside of a leaf.

Later it began to rain again, and we had a slow steady rain most of the day. It was much needed.


No comments: