Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Monday, August 2, 2010

Planning the Streambed

This morning, I was in a bit of a funk and was not motivated to do anything. For the most part I've been very productive this summer, but not the past two days. Anyway, I went out to finish mowing the back yard, and that was enough to get me started on the pond planning again.

Jeff was nice enough to set up a canopy so that I could work in the shade.

I had placed a lot of rocks near what will be the upper part of the streambed. The grass had grown up around them, so I moved them, mowed, and began sorting them by similar characteristics. Later, I decided to haul one huge one up to the spot.

After flipping it end over end a few times, I decided to go get a flattened cardboard box to help me drag it across the grass and (eventually) roughly into place.






No comments: