Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Friday, August 6, 2010

Too Many Rock Pictures?

I'm actually blogging a lot after a bit of a dry spell. Today I moved those two rocks a bit more into place. I still have to decide exactly where I want them to stay, then dig them into the ground a little.

I'm posting more pictures because they will act as "before" and "during" pictures when I finally have some "after" pics. Things are slowly falling into place. Each step forward allows me to visualize what the final product will be.

Updated 8-7-2010: I guess it would help if I remembered to add the pictures! Here they are:




The flat rock will be dug into the ground laying horizontally (almost as pictured) creating a natural terrace. I think it looks better than just lying on the surface following the slant of the hill as it was before I moved it.

2 comments:

Sylvatica said...

All this build-up has me excited to eventually see the final product. And really jealous of your yard.

David said...

Thank you, Sylvatica. I hope it will be worth the wait.