Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Already in Use

The pond is still mostly a liner filled with water...with only some of the rocks strategically placed, however, it is already getting some use!  Who knows how many birds visited while I was not watching...I do know I saw a catbird very early on, but did not have a camera ready.

Today, I went out the back door when I spotted this little guy splashing away.  It is a hot day and a bath must be great!  He didn't even mind that I came out, did an abrupt about face, grabbed the camera, and took shot after shot.

The section that he is using is the exact spot I designed with bird bathing in mind.  I tried to keep it shallow...and the rock I used allows for a slight variation in depth to accommodate birds of various sizes and fearlessness.



No comments: