Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Sunday, June 24, 2012

Birds & Berries


While at the patch, there was a lot of excitement from the birds.  I'm sure they were hoping I wouldn't strip the bush of all of the ripe ones.  The catbird is always hanging around the property and seems to have decided everything is his; I could hear his calls.  A robin took off across the yard from somewhere nearby.

While at the patch, there was a lot of excitement from the birds.  I'm sure they were hoping I would not strip the bush of all of the ripe berries.  The catbird is always hanging around the property and seems to have decided everything is his.  I could hear him calling..and enjoy his company.  A robin took off across the yard from somewhere nearby.  As I tried to compose some pictures of the berries, an oriole landed on a branch of one of the other bushes.  I was lucky enough to snap a photo through the branches.




No comments: