Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Monday, February 18, 2013

Great Back Yard Bird Count: 2013



It is that time of year again, and after doing the count yesterday, I became a bit more productive.  I was inspired to begin planting my wildflower seeds.  I'm more determined than ever to convert this two acres into a beautiful and functional habitat that will attract a wider variety of wildlife than I'm seeing now.



The count from yesterday:

8 species total:
Mourning Dove 1
Blue Jay 4
Black-capped Chickadee 3
Tufted Titmouse 1
White-throated Sparrow 4 (I believe that is the correct ID...the birds have the yellow marking, but also have a brown spot on the center of its breast.)
Dark-eyed Junco 2
Northern Cardinal 4 (3 males, 1 female)
American Goldfinch 1




...and the one from today:

8 species total
Mourning Dove 2
Blue Jay 2
Black-capped Chickadee 3
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
Carolina Wren 1
White-throated Sparrow 4
Dark-eyed Junco 3
Northern Cardinal 7 (5 males, 2 females)

















No comments: