Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Sunday, February 17, 2013

Unexpected Encounter, Unexpected Shot

Today, after starting my Backyard Bird Count, I decided to head outside to try to get some shots of birds out in the yard (instead of just what I draw to the window).  I grabbed a handful of sunflower seed to scatter in a couple of spots out in the yard (as I've been doing for a month now).  As I approached the lower, far corner of the yard to put my last handful of seed, I spotted a deer in repose, but eyes open and alert to my presence.  I dropped the seed on the ground where I stood (instead of the usual place) and slowly got the camera ready.  Until now, especially this year, I've only been able to get a photo of them as they are fleeing for the most part.  So, this was a great chance to get a good shot.  It turned out okay, but is not as focused as I'd hoped.  Still, I'm so happy to have seen her, and to have left her undisturbed.




No comments: