Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Bluebirds are Back!

I was out in the yard taking pictures when I spotted a pair of birds on the wires. It was getting near dusk and they were backlit against the sky, but even with my naked eye, I felt pretty sure they were bluebirds. Thanks to the pictures, I was able to verify that they really are back. Looks like a pair to me.

I don't normally post blurry pictures, but the two of them sitting so close together just looked so special--too bad the auto focus "chose" to focus on the background.


2 comments:

Julie Stone said...

Hey, that's great! It must be a relief to see them together and that the female is ok. Maybe they just needed a little vacation before they go back to work!

David said...

Thanks, Julie. It was pretty great seeing the pair back in our yard. I'd like to believe it is the same female, but I really have no way of knowing.

I keep thinking that I'd better get a water feature built, so I can see the fledglings come to drink and bathe--tht way I'll know that there was some success!