Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Checking Out Those Shelves

I happened to be walking by as a bird was checking out the shelves I'd put up last year in hopes of attracting barn swallows. I didn't get a very good look, but it could've been a phoebe.

I was planning on adding at least one more shelf a lot closer to the eave, but it started to rain. After typing the above, I realized the rain stopped a while ago, so there was no reason not to put up at least one shelf--so I did. I had a second one all ready to go, until the wood split, so I only put one up for now.

Here's hoping that the shelves get some use. I'm still hoping to have barn swallows some day, but another phoebe would be nice.



The newest shelf installed closer to the eave.




It seems the shelves I put of last year may have too much space above it to be attractive to nesting birds.

No comments: