Just the back yard!? Nah, I want the front and side yards landscaped in natives too.



Monday, February 20, 2012

House Hunting Continues

This morning, I spotted a pair of bluebirds checking out that same box. Perhaps the others were around too, but I didn't notice them. By the time I grabbed the camera they were gone. However, just a short time later, I spotted them checking out the nest box nearest to the house. It is not the best photo, but I snapped this through the window.

This is the same house that the tree swallows tried using last year. The nest and eggs were abandoned, due to the loss of the mate, I believe. I hate to admit that I'd yet to clean it out--something I normally do in the dead of winter...this winter seems to have no "dead" in it...if feels like we went from November to March with no steps in between. So, I decided to go out and remove the old nest, so that the bluebirds have another option for nesting...and one closer to the house!

No comments: